Vincent T. Churchman
- Sex: M
- Born: August 31, 1867 in Greenville, Virginia
- Died: December 21, 1941 of a heart attack
- Notes: According to the "Progressive West Virginians" (page 113), Vincent attended Staunton Military Academy in 1885 and attended the University of Virginia in 1887. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia, PA on April 3, 1889, with a degree of M.D. He began medical practice in Mint Springs, Virginia, in 1889. In 1891 he returned to Jefferson Medical College and spent a year in study of diseases of eye, ear, nose, and throat.
In May 1892 Vincent located in Charleston, West Virginia, and has since limited his practice to eye, ear, nose and throat work He served as President of the State Health Council, President of West Virginia State Medical Association, and consulting ophthalmologist of the State Compensation Department. He was Surgeon and President of the Churchman Eye and Ear Hospital in Charleston. Vincent was a member of the American Medical Association,
Fellow of American College of surgeons, Western Opthalmological Association. He was a Mason, Knight Templar, Shriner, Democrat, Rotarian, and Presbyterian.
Vincent married Emma Spencer in 1896. Emma and Vincent had a son, Vincent T., on November 11, 1899. After Emma and Vincent were divorced, Vincent married Jessie Kay. Jessie and Vincent had a daughter, Christina, on November 6, 1906.
Father: Vincent Tapp Churchman, b. February 11, 1824 in Staunton, Augusta County, Virginia
Mother: Mary Jane Taylor Graham -- daughter of Benjamin F. and Susan Graham
Family 1: Emma Spencer -- of Charleston, West Virginia
January 21, 1896
- Vincent T. Churchman, b. November 11, 1899
Family 2: Jessie Brash Kay -- of Kanawha County, West Virginia -- d. June 30, 1964
- Margaret Christina Churchman, b. November 6, 1906 in Charleston, W. Virginia
- "The Churchman Family (From notes and Court House Records)" compiled by L. J. Churchman 1976 -- contributed by Mary Gilchrist
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman