Henry Jouette Churchman
- Sex: M
- Born: September 18, 1869
- Died: August 16, 1937 in Charleston, West Virginia
- Buried: In Sunset Cemetery in the Spanish-American War Veterans section. Sunset Cemetery is located west of Columbus, Ohio on the south side of Rt. 40 just west of Alton.
- Notes: After Henry's wife (Addie) died, Henry sold his tobacco store in Philadelphia and enlisted in the Spanish-American War. Lois was looked after by her grandparents in Galean, Ohio until after the war. After Henry returned from the war, he studied Pharmacy in Philadelphia. He married Lillian Whalen from Camden, New Jersey, around 1901-1902. Lillian gave birth to Leonard in September 3, 1904, but then she died in 1906.
Henry remarried again in 1909 to Mae Shaw in Springfield, Ohio. In 1924 he sold the drug store and for 3 years retired due to poor health in Florida. He resettled in Charles Town, West Virginia and died in August 16, 1937.
Father: Vincent Tapp Churchman, b. February 11, 1824 in Staunton, Augusta County, Virginia
Mother: Mary Jane Taylor Graham -- daughter of Benjamin F. and Susan Graham
Family 1: Addie -- of Gilian, Ohio -- d. 1898
December 31, 1890
- Lois Churchman -- married Ralph Baker
Family 2: Lillian Whalen -- of Camden, New Jersey -- d. 1906
- Leonard J. Churchman, b. September 3, 1904 in Springfield, Ohio
Family 3: Mae Shaw
- "The Churchman Family (From notes and Court House Records)" compiled by L. J. Churchman 1976 -- contributed by Mary Gilchrist
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman